An exciting opportunity has opened for a seasoned project manager for a 6 month assignment. If you meet the requirements set out below and are passionate about project management, we would like to hear from you.
- Project Definition and Planning Activities
- Work with business to define its requirements in order to meet its strategic objectives, including the development or assistance in the development of Stage 1 and Stage 2 business cases for the related projects.
- Define, scope and plan the project and agree structure and deliverables according to Project Management methodology.
- Obtain sign-off for the business case from the Project Sponsor and Steering Committee.
- Prepare and agree detailed project/sub project responsibilities with the Project Steering Committee for all changes to the project as necessary.
- Provide regular and accurate progress reports and updated plans on a monthly/weekly basis to the Project Steering Committee.
- Maintain the projects business case and budget through the project lifecycle.
- Manage the process of procuring the external supply of resource and services, and lead the negotiation of major contracts with external suppliers where required.
- Ensure that all service contracts include a clear specification of the supplier’s responsibilities regarding scope and quality of the deliverables, as well as costs and timescales.
- Establish an agreed audit plan to monitor progress on a regular basis and to audit quality, as and when appropriate, throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure that all tasks that are carried out comply with in-house procedures, mandatory quality standards and agreed architectural framework as detailed and required in the Project Management methodology and training.
- Maintain and update project reporting systems in line with standard project management requirements.
Staff Management Activities
- Agree resource plans with the Programme Manager or Sponsor and manage the recruitment of staff, contractors and external consultants, as appropriate
- Ensure that staff, where appropriate, are adequately trained and prepared for implementation of the solution, and that the operational handover is well planned and managed, without any adverse effect on existing systems and processes, and that all SLA commitments are fully achievable.
- Review and quality-assure the project team deliverables (business analysis & design) as detailed and required.
- Guide, mentor and lead the business analysis and design activities, and provide conceptual thought leadership to develop the project team and ensure success of project delivery. Improve the project team members business analysis and design skills through ongoing mentoring and coaching.
- Manage and lead project team, provide assistance to less experienced staff by giving guidance and supporting on the job training, as appropriate.
- Act as a task manager for Implementation Managers, where needed based on the project plan for rollout and implementation.
- Conduct a regular review of individual and team performance targets to assess and ensure quality of project deliverables, adherence to timelines and maximize use of resources working on the project.
- Delegate effectively, allowing team members to take responsibility for performance. • Proactively and creatively develop the team’s skills by encouraging learning and knowledge transfer and by recognizing their achievements.
- Identify any training needed to support the project implementation planning delivery of training within project timescales.
- Contribute to the performance assessment of staff undertaking sub-project work by providing feedback.
Education and Experience Required
- NQF Level 6: B Degree
- Appropriate professional accreditation in Programme and or Project Management e.g. Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), PMP – PMBOK certification, Lean – Six Sigma
- An appropriate university degree
- Minimum 2 – 5 years Project Management Experience
- Ideally: 2-3 years direct experience in managing successful technical change projects
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies e.g. systems development life cycle (SDLC) & Program Development Life Cycle (PDLC)
- Project Management experience gained in a complex ICT environment is advantageous
- Experience with Salesforce and implementations thereof is advantageous
- Experience with Robotics and process automation is advantageous
Knowledge & Skills
- Project Management experience on IT projects will be key
- Proven Project Management and Change Management skills and expertise
- Experience of employing change management best practices and disciplines.
- Experience of managing activity across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current technology, structured methods and a quality process (e.g. PMP method, Prince2, etc.)
- Exposure to governance, control and risk management
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams at all levels
- Ability to negotiate/influence at senior level
- Proven ability to manage direct reports: leadership, motivation, coaching and people- development.
- Good understanding of ‘s Business and technology Change Lifecycles
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interviewing and listening skills
- Good workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Good financial Business Case Skills.
- Proven business analysis and redesign skills – ability to mentor and quality assure the deliverables of the project team.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- 3 – 6 months
Apply on Job Opportunities Page