Calling young aspiring Junior Business Analysts who want to enable change in an organisation Come help a client by defining their needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Bring your “BABOK skills” and put them to the test.
Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for working with business areas to identify, investigate and analyse problems faced by business/product owners. Based on this analysis the Business Analyst needs to propose a solution, to fully address the business requirements needed to optimise the business.
Project Establishment Initiation Activities
- Assist the PM with ensuring that the definition of the project scope and all other documentation needed in the Project Concept and/or Project Charter document/s is obtained by facilitating a project definition workshop.
- Ensure all the business requirements, evaluations and recommendations of possible business solutions, assessments and feasibility analysis are documented, circulated and signed off by the relevant stakeholders and handed over to the PM for use in defining and designing the project.
- Facilitate workshops in conjunction with the PM in order to obtain business user requirements in terms of the proposed end state of the project so that the project is suitably defined, designed and implemented.
- Assist the Project Manager (PM) to generate weekly/monthly or adhoc status reports, using input from project teams for reporting to Project Office/Sector Change Council for the purpose on reporting progress on the project in terms of work completed/still to be done, risks, issues, plans, etc.
- Analyse the “as is” “business architectures”, to identify any issues, opportunities, etc. This includes the analysis of existing products & services, the procedures and business rules, the organisation structures, functions, roles & responsibilities, the business processes & procedures, the IT systems functionalities, performance and measurement metrics.
- Investigate and perform a business needs analysis, by interviewing the product or business process owners, to determine business requirements and identify possible alternatives and or solutions to achieve these requirements.
- Investigate options available, best practices, alternatives etc. and obtain up to date information in relation to the project requirements / objectives by referring to internal and external parties to ensure the best solution is considered and identified for the project.
Solution Analysis and Design Activities
- Design the “to be” business architectures by using the identified design principles and document the ideas by working through increasing levels of design detail (i.e. conceptual/high level/detailed design levels).
- Identify and design new and/or improved business process systems and/or procedures to deliver project goals by ensuring that the best solution is considered and identified for the project.
- Undertake a feasibility and impact analysis of solutions identified (people, process, system infrastructure) with key stakeholders, internal, external and technology staff to further define project requirements for the definition, design and build of the project. Call for support from IT solution design teams where technical designs are required.
- Identify IT interfaces and IT integration points to ensure integrated functional specifications, by consulting and work shopping with the IT System Analysis teams, Group Strategy, Enterprise Architect, Vendors, etc.
- Develop IT-systems functional, non-functional and service level requirements, Business Requirement Definition documents (BRDs), use cases, etc. based on the evaluations, meetings, assessments and requirements analysis undertaken during the earlier stages of the project analysis stages, for use by the PM and project team to design, build, test and implement the project.
- Validate documented solutions in a walk-through workshop with stakeholders and ensure the solution is compliant in terms of required standards design and fit to the Enterprise Architecture.
Assessment and Validation of Solutions Activities
- Assist the systems-management function with setting up and undertaking the IT- systems user-acceptance tests by both business users and IT staff to ensure that the technology solution meets the business requirements.
- If required, co-ordinate user acceptance testing with regard to securing test users, the test location, the relevant access rights and by documenting all results and where required perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as undertaken and stipulated by the technology methodology.
- Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Assist business areas impacted by projects and changes with the writing and/or updating of circulars and manuals, when changes to operational policies, procedures and processes occur.
Education and Experience Required
- An appropriate university degree with preference for a BSc, BSc(Eng.), BSc (Comp Science) or BCom (Informatics)BSc / BCom Statistics
- 2-4 years business analysis
- Knowledge & understanding of Project principles, practices, disciplines specifically the contents of Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Previous direct involvement in business-change projects would be advantageous
Knowledge & Skills
- Aris and/or Microsoft Visio, JIRA and MS Office suite required
- Confluence or other tools advantageous
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Interviewing and listening skills
- Report Writing skills
- Documentation of business requirements and functional specifications
- Understanding of project management
- Business Planning & Design, including a basic understanding of operations, process and IT
- Command of business analysis techniques – including the application of industry- standard methodologies, techniques and use of software
- Stakeholder Management
- Process re-engineering skills would be advantageous
- Working in teams
- Presenting and communicating information
- Creating and innovating
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Learning and researching
Contract length: 3-6 months
Apply on Job Opportunities Page