An exciting contract opportunity has opened up for a results-orientated Software Tester. If you are experienced in IT projects, consider yourself as having strong analytical and problem solving skills, a good listener and have a keen eye for detail, we would like to hear from you!
Overall Job Purpose
- Exercises the work product / developed product in a simulated deployment setting to determine its fitness for use and purpose
- Validates testing requirements, reviews test plans and ensures appropriate test coverage
- Provides expertise in developing testing infrastructure, authoring frameworks, performing market analysis and provide technical leadership / strategic direction to the testing organization
- Leverages existing test cases and develop efficient new test cases to validate business requirements are met. Testers support execution of test cases and validation of the test case results for the products under test.
- Creating Test Scripts, working from Business and Technical Requirements documents for guidance, and in partnership with business stakeholders for User Acceptance testing
- Validating that Technical requirements and Business needs are met by development of accurate test cases
- Planning testing in a timely manner to ensure requirements are met and signed off
- Executing test cases and analysing test results
- Writing understandable, actionable and repeatable defect reports
- Certifying operation of product in production environment
Delivery & Support
- Design and develop new test cases in line with the test strategy and plan
- Understand existing test cases and test data and execute the test cases and validate results in line with the project schedule
- Use various tools properly, including defect tracking, test case definition tracking and test case execution tracking
- Participate in team review of requirements / design documentation for purposes of test planning and to validate requirements testability
- Understand and leverage existing manual and / or automated test cases; design and develop new test cases (where needed) in line with the test strategy and plan
- Participate in team review of requirements / design documentation for purposes of test planning and to validate requirements
- Implement and develop overall test strategy and test plan for manual and / or automated testing
- Support execution of test cases and the validation of results, manage workload to a schedule, meet deadlines
- Coach and mentor test team on test methodology and best practices as well as support and enable effective and cooperative working relationships
- Develop testing infrastructure and author test frameworks
- Formulate testing strategy
- Ensure that priorities are clear, quality standards and processes are adhered to
- Ensure that work is conducted cost-effectively, that deliverables are of high quality, on time and budget
- Assess and direct the implementation of improvements in the team’s overall approach to testing
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in testing methodologies and tools
- Update the traceability matrix to map the test cases to the use cases
Plan & Organise
- To create Test Scripts and analyse the test results
- Work with Project Managers and / or Test Lead to identify testing tasks and associated estimates, proper implementation and utilization of various tools, including source control, issue tracking, test case definition tracking and test case execution
- Coordinate and facilitate Test Readiness Reviews
- Direct, coach, train and motivate test team members in execution of their tasks.
- Collaborate with Application Managers and business users to plan, schedule, and execute Integrate and System Test.
- Develop estimates for testing product releases for planning the release cycle
- Assist in the development and management of an annual budget for the test team
- Manage the interactions with the application managers, development team and business teams
Acquire & Implement
- Tools for automated testing and performance testing
- Modules for recording and tracking defects to closure
- Implement new tools and products to improve the efficacy and efficiency of the testing organization
Monitor & Evaluate
- Manage defects found during testing by tracking and facilitating Defect Review Meetings
- Oversee the creation and execution of test plans and ensure that tests progress according to the defined schedule
- Monitors and reviews the test results and reports, and if the fixed defects are re- tested
- Evaluate and improve upon test strategies and plans for product releases
- Performs tools and product evaluations to identify those that suit the internal environment
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, compulsory.
- Certification in standard testing suites such as Rational etc., compulsory.
- Testing Certification (CSTP / ISTQB / CSTE etc.), compulsory.
- Minimum 3 years’ Software development experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ Software testing and Quality Assurance experience.
- Results orientated
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the business context
- Attention to detail
- Team player – approachable, ability to share and consult others
- People management, coaching and training skills
- 3-6 months
Apply on Job Opportunities Page